The following research has been conducted by CAASE staff and volunteers:
- "Deconstructing the Demand for Prostitution" by CAASE's Executive Director Rachel Durchslag and Samir Goswami: CAASE's research on 113 johns (men who buy sex) in Chicago reveals their attitudes and behaviors. Includes recommendations for how to prevent young men from becoming patrons in the sex trade.
- “Engaging Young Men in Ending Commercial Sexual Exploitation: A Report, Curriculum, and Recommended Resources” by Allison Dunn Burque
- "Engaging Men in Ending Gender-Based Violence" by CAASE Interns Victoria Carmona,
Ana Grahovac and Jennifer Martin
- "Deconstructing The Demand for Prostitution Further Insights: A Comparison of Men Who Purchase Sex Indoors Versus Outdoors” by Carrie George
- "Further Insights from “Deconstructing the Demand for Prostitution”:
Men Who Purchase Sex: Pornography Consumption, Sexual Abuse History and Perceptions of Prostituted Women" by CAASE Intern Darci Jenkins
- “John School Evaluation” by Alison Gillings and Michelle Willoughby
- "Men Working to End Violence against Women" by Ashley Horn, Carina Homan, and Veronica Farley
- “A Response to Sex Trafficking Chicago Style: Follow the Sisters, Speak Out” by Kaethe Morris Hoffer, CAASE Legal Director. Published in University of Pennsylvania Law Review.
- “National and International Public Awareness Campaigns" by CAASE Interns, Asia Piekarz, Emily Cowan and Brittany Finkeldey.
- "Why Backpage has it backwards: The Roles of Craigslist, Backpage, and Demand in Commercial Sexual Exploitation" by CAASE Intern Erika Rist
- "When Humans Become Commodities: Minimizing Costs, Maximizing Profit, and the Exploitation Inherent to the Sex Industry" by CAASE Intern Erika Rist
- “Demand Deterrence Strategies: International Initiatives to Eliminate Demand for the Sex Trade” by Michelle Willoughby
- National Service Providers for Commercially Sexually Exploited Individuals compiled by CAASE.
- National Advocacy Organizations Working To End Sexual Exploitation and Human Trafficking compiled by CAASE
- Chicago-based Organizations doing Outreach, Direct Service and Advocacy for People Impacted by Sex Trade compiled by CAASE
- "A Survey of Men’s Understanding of the Sex Trade Industry" by CAASE Intern Kendra Harding
Local Research: Prostitution in Chicago and Cook County
Studies from scholars in Chicago and Illinois.
Sexual Assault Research
National and International Research