CAASE is seeking to sponsor qualified individuals interested in applying for post-law-school fellowships through Equal Justice Works or the Skadden Foundation, to start in September 2017.
We are seeking individuals who are either graduating from JD or LLM programs in May 2017, are completing current clerkships by September 2017, or who have graduated law school May 2015 or after to apply as fellowship candidates through CAASE.
Possible project ideas include:
- Responding to the legal needs of survivors whose sexual exploitation was aided by the use of technology and the internet;
- Developing an innovative advocacy strategy for reaching and representing survivors of the sex trade and/or sex trafficking in Chicago through post-conviction relief;
- Addressing the criminal and civil legal issues that have arisen due to the backlog of or failure to complete rape kit tests; and
- Other topics related to CAASE’s mission.
Salary is dependent on the individual fellowship.
- Juris doctorate by May 2017; and
- Eligibility and willingness to sit for the Illinois bar exam by September 2017.
Interested applicants should send:
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae;
- Law school transcript (unofficial transcript will be accepted);
- Writing sample of no more than 10 pages; and
- Letter of Interest, in which you should address 1) your specific interest in the work of CAASE; 2) previous public interest work; and 3) a project idea proposal of no more than 500 words and why this project would be a good fit for the work of CAASE. If you wish to pursue one of the proposed topics listed above, you should provide your own ideas on how this project would be organized and implemented.
Applications may be sent electronically to Christine Evans, Legal Director at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
Application Deadline: June 30, 2016